Listed below is the amount of money that human trafficking victims are sold into modern day slavery. The prices of the human trafficking victim are based upon publicly available reports and is quoted in U.S. Dollars.
Source information about the trafficking case, as well as other cases and prices of human trafficking victim, is available in our book about human trafficking.
Human Trafficking Victims Sold Into Slavery
- Babies in China: $7,800
- Babies in Indonesia: $160 to $250
- Children in Ghana: $50 to parent, then $300 to trafficker
- Children in India: $45, versus $350 for buffalo
- Children in Mali: $600 for child soldier
- Children in Thailand: $25 typical price to “rent” a child beggar
- Children in the United Kingdom: $25,000
- Girl in India: $24
- Girls from Romania: $3,000 to $6,000
- Girls in Bangladesh: $250
- Girls in Kenya: $600 for Girls between the age of 10 to 15
- Girls from Mozambique: $2
- Person in Canada: $4,879 paid by pimp to trafficker
- Roma Child Bride: $270,000
- Teenage girls in Iraq: $5,000 for Virgins, $2.500 for Non-Virigns
- Teenage girls in Ontario, Canada: $5,989 for a girl from Quebec
- Virgin Child in Cambodia: $500 to $800
- Virgin Girl in Medellin, Colombia: $2,600 in online auction
- Women from North Korea (by age): $1,066 (20s), $761 (30s), $457 (40s)
- Women from Vietnam to China: $11,800 to purchase wife
See more prices and statistics about human trafficking in our fact book, Human Trafficking: Prices and Statistics of the Modern Day Slave Trade.